Monday, May 11, 2009

Buying cards

Every Mother's Day I have the same delema.  Since my Mom and I never had a loving nuturing relationship, none of the cards that are appreciative seem to fit.  So I'm stuck with the humorous ones. Which alot of those don't fit us either.  
     I've always felt like my "showing up" on this earth was just an interruption in her life for the almost 18 years I lived at home. Loved and wanted by her, isn't the words I would have used to describe how I felt as a child.  Because I felt like  I wasn't wanted, I was extremely mouthy. I was intent on doing things my way, because I felt alone, and felt like if I didn't look out for myself, no one else was going to.   
     I'm almost 41 years old now, and the relationship she and I have is  better.  I guess in it's own way has evolved in the caring relationship that would have occured  otherwise, just a little scarred.     
    My daddy wasn't around alot, because he was a truck driver.  He and I got along great.  He spent alot of time with me when he was home.   I really felt loved by him, because he actually cared about me and would take time with me to just talk with me.  

No comments: